5 Ways To Detox Your Body in 30 Seconds
1) Take an Epsom Salt Bath. OK, this takes longer than 30 seconds. But adding magnesium (Epsom salts) to your bath water doesn’t. One of the best-known ways to detox heavy metals from the body is through the skin, submerged in a salt bath. The sulphates in Epsom salt help flush out toxins and heavy metals. The process is called reverse osmosis, and it literally pulls toxins out of your body.
For an epsom salt detox bath, add at least two cups of epsom salt to your bathwater and soak for 40 minutes total. The first 20 minutes will give your body time to remove toxins from your system while the last 20 minutes will allow you to absorb the minerals in the water. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and support the detoxification process.
How often should you take an epsom salt detox bath? Once, twice, or up to three times a week.
Epsom salt detox baths are suitable for everyone, including children when supervised. They are especially good for anyone who suffers from muscle cramps and growing pains, or has trouble sleeping (usually a sign of low magnesium levels).
2) Drink Lemon Juice. Wow, this is literally easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy! After a good night’s sleep your body is dehydrated and ready to flush out toxins on its own. Give it a little help. When you wake up in the morning, don’t let tea or coffee be the first thing you reach for. Instead, squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a large glass of water. If the water is tepid, that’s even better. Why does this work? Lemon juice increases bile production, which stimulates your digestive system and keeps your gut clean as a whistle. It also supports healthy liver function, and is a great way to get some much needed Vitamin C.
3) Reduce Exposure To Carcinogenic Chemicals. Every day we are surrounded by toxic chemicals that we inevitably consume via environmental pollutants in the air, soil and water, or by using beauty and cleaning products. Switching to natural deodorant, hair and skin care will help reduce your exposure to heavy metals (like aluminium), and ingredients that can disrupt your hormones and potentially be carcinogenic. Why does this work? Toxic build-up in the body ages our skin and contributes to premature wrinkles, age spots, hair fall and other more serious health concerns.
4) Eat More Garlic. In my house, when a recipe calls for a clove or two, I use most of a bulb. Is that too much? I don’t think so, and no one has ever complained. Aim for plenty of garlic in your diet every day. Why does this work? Garlic releases sulphur compounds, which support liver enzymes and help it to expel toxins from your body. To get the most benefit from garlic, it should be fresh and chopped finely or crushed. Give it a few minutes to release its sulphuric powers onto your chopping board BEFORE YOU COOK IT. This is a very important aspect of using garlic for it’s medicinal value. Garlic is also one of the most effective broad spectrum anti-microbial foods we have access to. It contains 39 different anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-viral agents. So, basically… eat lots of garlic every day!
5) Check Your Water. Many water companies add chlorine to purify the water, and some also add fluoride (they say this is to prevent tooth decay, however, it isn’t necessary and in actual fact could be harmful). If you live in the UK, you can download a full water report for your postcode area on your provider’s website. They’ll give you access to everything they add, such as pesticides, chemicals, environmental pollutants, chlorine/fluoride count and much more. If you aren’t happy with your report, it could be time to invest in a water filter. An inexpensive fix is to evaporate chlorine by letting your water sit for 1-5 days before drinking, and using activated charcoal sticks to reduce heavy metals. Granted this takes longer than 30 seconds.